February 24-March 2 Big Magic Anagama and Soda Firing:
We will begin loading February 24, 2024, and finish on the next day or the morning after and light the kiln at that point. There is single fired work in the kiln so getting through quartz inversion is slow the first day and a half as there will be big work. On Wednesday the stoking and temperature begins to increase. The firing will end sometime on Saturday or Sunday with finishing the soda kiln off. We use three pounds of soda and get great coverage throughout the kiln.
Option 1: $60/cubic ft.
- NO wood splitting
- for each purchase of 1-5 cubic feet requires one session (6 hours) stoking crew
- all work going into the kiln must be wadded, wadding will be provided
- must help grind, wash, stack shelves and/or bricks after firing and before work leaves the site
- all work needs to be present and ready on first day of loading
- 3 glazes will be provided, Malcom Davis Shino, Leach White Liner, and Mike's Tenmoku. Space to glaze will be in the barn or the kiln shed. Danny's studio is not available.