Big Magic Anagama and Soda Firing: We will begin loading June 11, 2023, we will finish on the next day and light the kiln that evening. There is single fired work in the kiln so getting through quartz inversion is slow the first day and a half as there will be big work. On Wednesday the stoking and temperature begins to increase. The firing will end sometime on Saturday or Sunday with finishing the soda kiln off. We use three pounds of soda and get great coverage throughout the kiln.
Option 1: $35, with splitting/cubic ft.
- One hour minimum of splitting for up to two cubic feet. 15 minutes of splitting for every cubic foot of space after two cubic feet.
- Each purchase of 1-5 cubic feet requires one session (6 hours) stoking crew
- All work going into the kiln must be wadded, wadding will be provided
- Unloading will usually occur the Sunday after the kiln shuts down. Participants will help grind and kiln wash shelves and bricks before work is taken.
- all work needs to be present and ready on first day of loading. 3 glazes will be provided. Malcom Davis Shino, Leach White Liner, and Mikes Tenmoku. If you wish to bring other glazes you are welcome. Space will be provided to glaze in the barn or kiln shed. Danny's studio is not available.